The purpose of Washington state's plan is to provide a framework in which policy makers can work together to build and support environments that make it easier for Washington residents to choose healthy foods and be physically active. Creating healthy environments in communities across the state will:
- slow the increase in the proportion of adults who are obese,
- reduce rates of chronic disease, and
- improve the quality of life.
The overarching goals of the Washington State Nutrition and Physical Activity Planare to increase the proportion of Washington State residents:
- whose diets reflect the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and
- who get at least 30 minutes of moderate activity on five or more days a week.
To see a copy of Washington's original plan click here.
To go directly to Washington's updated plan click here.
To see more information on Washington's Nutrition and Physical Activity Program click here.