The Statewide Physical Activity and Nutrition Plan has at its core a focus on developing communities where the healthy choices are the easy choices: where adults and children have easy access to fresh vegetables, fruits, and other healthy foods at school, work, and when eating out; where Oregonians can safely walk and bicycle for work, errands and recreation. Statewide Nutrition and Physical Activity Key Outcomes:
- Increase vegetable and fruit consumption among Oregon youth and adults.
- Increase physical activity among Oregon youth and adults.
- Increase the percentage of Oregonians who are at a healthy weight.
- Create communities that support and promote healthy eating, daily physical activity, and healthy weight.
- Eliminate health disparities among racial and ethnic communities, medically underserved, low-income, senior, disabled and rural populations.
- Support a comprehensive, coordinated statewide effort to promote healthy eating and daily physical activity.
To learn more about Oregon's physical activity and nutrition program click here.
To see a copy of Oregon's physical activity and nutrition plan click here.