The Florida Partnership for Promoting Physical Activity and Healthful Nutrition (FPPPAHN) was created to guide the Obesity Prevention Program in the strategic planning process. The mission of the FPPPAHN is to reverse the epidemic of overweight and obesity in Florida through collaborative efforts and unified leadership of many individuals and organizations, effective education, and advocacy on the political front. The state's strategic plan to address overweight and obesity includes 6 primary goals:
- Slow the rise of overweight and obesity.
- Increase lifelong physical activity.
- Increase lifelong healthful nutrition.
- Advocate for policies consistent with overweight and obesity prevention and reduction.
- Improve health among people who are overweight and obese.
- Build and sustain the Florida Partnership for Promoting Physical Activity and Healthful Nutrition (FPPPAHN).
To see Florida's plan click here.
To learn more about Florida's Heart Disease Prevention Program click here.